“We Train Every Student Like They’re Our Own”
The State of Ohio requires teenagers under the age of 18 to attend commercial driver’s education. They are required to complete 24 hours of classroom instruction and 8 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction. In addition to this requirement, they must receive at least 50 hours of in-car practice with a parent or legal guardian. ( 40 hours during the day – 10 hours at night ) and have their temporary packet for 6 months in order to take their final road test.
- Flexibility Of Scheduling
- New Class Start every 2 weeks
- Complete Training In 10 Days
- Pick-Up / Take Home Services
- Optional – Vehicle Rental – Final Driver’s Examination
- Optional – Cone Rental – Maneuverability Practice
- Bick’s can schedule all your training to fit your busy life style…
- school, work, or sports.
- Bick’s starts a new group every 2 weeks. Students MUST attend all classes. (6 Classes 4 Hrs each) Students are NOT required to attend all 6 classes in order, Bick’s can work with your class schedule. Classes run Monday thru Thursdays. (No classroom on Fridays) Winter Schedule – 3:15 pm till 7:30 pm or 5:00 pm till 9:00 pm. Summer Schedule – 10:00 am – 2:00 pm or 3:00 pm till 7:15 pm. (Parents MUST P/U at 7:15 pm) The teen course consist of 12 lessons teaching key topics such as Ohio laws, basic car control, defensive driving, alcohol awareness, speeding, adverse conditions, handling emergencies, accidents, insurance, and seatbelt use. Classroom participation is encouraged through classroom activities, lectures, and movies.
- Behind -The-Wheel:
- Students are required to drive for 8 hours, (4 – 2 hr. lessons). Driving can be scheduled while taking class or over the phone. Instruction is instructor / student only. Students will be taught basic driving skills, maneuverability, and expressway driving. students must have passed their written temporary test before scheduling their behind-the-wheel training.
- Pick-Up and Take Home:
- Bick’s is the ONLY school that provides transportation to and from classroom. For behind-the-wheel training we will pick you up at school or home and return you to your home.
- Optional – Vehicle Rental:
- Bick’s will take you for your final road test if needed. An additional fee is charged for the 2 hour lesson.